SAP Lead Project Accountant
A fantastic opportunity to lead a SAP implementation project, for a market leading FMCG business based in Hertfordshire. This is a 12 month contract on a fixed term basis.
You will lead the project team supporting the implementation of the new global SAP ERP system. In addition they are implementing Oracle as the accounting platform. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth transition of this change and general accounting processes, deliver with precision and see opportunities where others see challenges.
In this role, you'll join the UK team but will also work with stakeholders in the US and across Europe. This role is a Fixed Term Contract for 12 months.
You will need to have experience of the following:
- SAP and/or Oracle ERP systems
- A large scale ERP implementation project (or similar)
- Managing and working to tight deadlines
- Management, resolution and communication of issues
- Large scale data manipulation, analysis and reconciliation
- Data Cleansing & Migration/Conversion, including process to reconcile migrated data from Legacy to new platforms
- Review and working of test scripts
Qualifications & experience:
- A professional accounting qualification (either ACCA, CIMA or ACA or overseas equivalent) in a similar sized multi-national organisation
- Strong technical accounting skills to enable you to work an issue to resolution
- Experience of an large ERP implementation project or similar (e.g. a billing system)
- Able to solve and fix control issues as they arise requiring good analytical and deduction skills.
- Experience of ledger accounting (preferable)
- Experience of working in a multi-national organisation in a matrix reporting environment
- SAP and/or Oracle experience
- Good IT skills - including Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables; Filters; formulas);
- To demonstrate a high level of ownership and accountability
- Have experience of managing staff/leading a team
- Being able to manage workload and deadlines within a project context
- Have experience of project management in a large scale multi-national environment
- Experience of US GAAP accounting