Finance Manager- Engineering & Rail
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently looking to recruit a talented Finance Manager with excellent commercial acumen to work within the divisional finance team of our Engineering and Rail division. Within this key role you will be afforded a real opportunity to put your mark on the position and have exposure to the executive management including our CFO, providing insightful information and driving financial discipline within the division.
Responsibilities within this role will include;
- Working in collaboration with 7 regional Operations and Commercial Directors across Engineering and Rail to financially control projects including month end, cash collection and planning processes
- Develop a thorough understanding of projects including key commercial issues and control of risks and opportunities
- Develop analysis of historical project performance (including region, sector and client)
- Lead project forecasting and budget processes and provide financial control supporting strategic projects
- Own Engineering and Rail (internal) monthly reporting processes including Managing Directors reports and preparation for monthly CFO reviews
- Develop Board, divisional and regional level project reporting (P&L and balance sheet) and develop insightful analysis demonstrating underlying business performance
- Develop balance sheet management process, controls and reporting for Projects, improving balance sheet transparency, understanding and consistency
To be successful in this role you will be degree educated and ACA/CIMA (or equivalent) qualified.
With good commercial acumen and understanding of project related accounting, you will ideally have experience of long term contract accounting operating at Senior Manager level within a project related Construction or Engineering environment.
With excellent Excel and data management and manipulation skills you will possesss maticulous attention to detail and take pride in the quality and accuracy of your work. You will be diligent and hard working with a desire to drive continuous improvement of existing analyses and processes.
Rewards, Training & Benefits
This high profile position will offer a competitive salary, industry leading pension scheme, company car and a range of other benefits including private healthcare cover.
The successful applicant will join a well-respected team with a wide breath of experience and be able to both influence the department and expand their knowledge.