Who are we:
Founded in 1992 and with over 700 staff, Galliard is a property development, hospitality and management group overseeing mixed-use, residential, hotel and commercial projects across London and Southern England with a £4.06 billion portfolio of over 7,181 homes, hotels, retail premises and commercial properties.
With an impressive portfolio of award winning developments, we are proud to be considered as London’s leading property developer.
We are currently seeking a Project Accountant to join our transactions team at our head office in Loughton, Essex.
Working within a team you will be responsible for preparing and analysing data for large residential and commercial developments in order to ensure that the Executive Board and the Construction team are meeting financial budgets.
As a Project Accountant you will be responsible for the following duties;
- Monthly production of income and expenditure statements for each project, whether at planning, construction or aftercare phase
- Analysis against budget and projected outturn to identify anomalies, cost overruns or areas requiring further investigation (e.g. project code misposting)
- Presentation and discussion of the analysis to Project Managers & Surveyors to ensure accuracy of the information and alignment to their project cost plan
- Preparation of supporting documentation to enable drawdown of loans on a portfolio of bank facilities to fund ongoing developments
- Liaising with external Solicitors and Agents and internal investments team to ensure funds are in place to complete on new purchases.
- Calculating and requesting funds from joint venture partners in line with JV agreements- providing further information as clarification where required
- Calculating and paying profits to Joint Venture Partners where applicable on project completions
- Raising invoices for construction projects in line with surveyor valuations and project management fees and maintenance of all necessary supporting information
- Assisting with the collection of overdue invoices
- Dealing with queries efficiently from both internal and external sources
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following;
- Good communication skills, with the ability to present ideas in a clear format in a professional manner, often to non-financial people
- Ability to think outside the box and be able to put forward own ideas to improve reporting and interaction with project management team
- Determination to provide solutions to improve deadlines, generate efficiencies and get things done
- Confidence to liaise with external organisations and individuals, JV partners, Solicitors, banks etc.
- A recognised financial qualification- such as AAT, ACCA is highly desirable although not essential
- A competitive salary
- Private healthcare scheme
- Pension scheme
- 24 days holiday
Closing Date: Friday 31st March