1 day left
- Full Time
S&P Global Platts is seeking a Financial Analyst within our London office. This role is a member of the Platts Financial & Analysis team and will support the Platts wide budgeting and forecast process, and provide financial analysis support to the Platts CFO office. This position will also assist with Platts Executive Committee and S&P Global presentations. This position regularly exercises initiative and independent judgment while understanding complex business concepts.
The Impact: This position will give you vast responsibility and will support the wider FP&A team to ensure all monthly financial reporting and analysis is delivered timely and accurately to facilitate decision making by the organization
Career Opportunity: For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to work for a company that is a results-focused meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability. We seek to identify and reward exceptional performance with growth opportunities.
The Team / The Business: You will also assist with ad hoc requests, special projects, and support the Senior Director- FP&A on an as needed basis.
Hiring Manager says: “This is a great opportunity to cultivate long-term, strategic customer relationships by ensuring that the customer’s perspective is the driving force behind business activities; anticipate customer needs and understand the customer’s criteria for success; strive to exceed customer expectations; measure contributions against the criteria to determine whether success was achieved; accept responsibility for outcomes.
- Support forecasting of monthly, quarterly and full year financials
- Analyze and present monthly key business and profitability drivers
- Identify and track risks/opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Input topside adjustments to TM1 for estimate and budget
- Preparation of presentations/variance explanations for senior management
- Monthly Business Review / Quarterly Business Review.
- Budget decks
- Support overall business unit reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation of the multi-year budgets and related sensitivity modeling
- Maintain existing group reports and assist with new business development
- Manage prior year recast process
- Initiatives support – Use TM1 to isolate initiatives from BAU
- Update/run various budget reports (BAU vs. initiative, departmental level, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Qualified Accountant (ACMA/ACCA)
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials) and Cognos TM1 preferred.
- Solid analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, pro-actively and as a fully contributing member of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
ABOUT S&P GLOBAL
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors, pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency