1 day left
- Full Time
£54,000 OTE (£48,600 base + £5,400 variable) per annum + benefits
We are one of the world's largest technology distributors. We certify, train, instruct and support our reseller customers, and help configure, install and finance their purchases.
Job Purpose of Commercial Controller:
- Acts as a trusted business partner between the finance and commercial teams
- Forecasting and driving the business through financial guidance
Accountabilities of Commercial Controller:
- Responsible for accuracy & integrity of all financial information reported within the Business Unit (BU)
- Support Group FRP&A function to:
- Ensure appropriate utilisation of GAAP & TD UAP
- Prepare & deliver monthly accounts
- Ensure appropriate accounting & operational controls are developed, documented and implemented to support existing & new commercial agreements with Customers and/or Vendors
- Working with BU MD to develop 3 year Financial Plan, Model P&L and strategic & operational plans
- Preparation of Annual Operating Plan Group, Quarterly Forecasts and Bi-Weekly Outlooks
- Monitor daily KPI tracking & drive actions to close gaps-to-plan
- Reporting & analysis of financial variances-to-plan along with plans for improvement
- Customer & Vendor rebate program review, tracking & maximisation
- Big deal analysis/recommendations
- Customer & Vendor profitability, ROCE analysis and improvement plans
- Asset management tracking & actions – AR DSO & aging, INV DOS & aging, DPO & VR aging
- Business investment modelling
- Drive strategy & tactics to maximize BU financial performance – CM$, CM%, ROCE% and productivity
- Development of new commercial relationships – negotiation of structure, financial & operational T’s & C’s and related SLA’s
- Decision support for Credit Assessment & Inventory Procurement
- Identify risks & opportunities along with plans to manage both
Knowledge Skills and Experience of the Commercial Controller:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Min 2 years post qualification experience and held/currently in a role in finance
- FP&A experience – forecasting, budgeting, annual operating plans
- Month end process ownership – ownership of P&L
- Controllership experience – SOX, risk mitigation
- Demonstrable business partnering experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pension contribution,
- Private Medical care
- Gym discounts
- My Benefits portal.
- Free parking.
- Opportunities for progression and development.
- Great atmosphere, inclusive and exciting. Team mentality, Quarter end and year end activities inc year end party.
If this Commercial Controller role sounds right for you, apply now.
Apply for Commercial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly