My client, a well established food manufacturing company, are currently seeking a Stat Accounts Assistant to support site teams to ensure the delivery of business objectives through the provision of key management information. In particular, to provide quality Cost of Sales information and use this to successfully support finance in challenging and influencing the wider site team.
* Continuous improvement of stats process for site to give accurately weekly information
* Reconciliation of site stock to site system every week for review with Operations & Supply Chain
* Complete weekly stats presentation for review of key areas with site management and lead weekly stats meetings
* Support site to improve yield performance through factory floor presence and collaborative working through 8 step problem solving with operations and supply chain teams
* Generate through direct feedback and interaction weekly with supply chain and operations on stock accuracy KPIs
* Monthly review of weeks stock holding of all raw materials with supply chain and agreeing standards for categories with continuous improvement in reductions of stock holding and redundant stock
* Responsibility for producing the month end stock pack with commentary on significant movements month-on-month and addressing any issues
* Work with technical and NPD teams to ensure all recipes are correct, particularly during launch periods and a full review during Budgets.
* Qualified to A level (or equivalent) in numerical based course
* Relevant experience within an Accounts Assistant/Accounting technician role
* Strong analytical and numerical skills to support decision making
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* MS Excel intermediate user
To apply, please send an updated CV to [contact details removed]
Our client a top 20 Firm of Accountants are looking for an Internal Accounts Assistant to work in their Midlands office. As the Accounts Assistant you must be fully AAT qualified and have experience providing internal support to the finance team. You will be responsible for purchase ,nomimal and WIP ledger and strong spreadsheet experience is a must including the use of Excel especially pivot tables.
Duties but not exhaustive will include
• Printing off bank statements. • Posting BACs and cheque receipts to the fees ledger. • Completing spreadsheets in Excel. • Taking bankings to the bank. • Posting purchase invoices to the accounts system and scanning. • Checking supplier statements to purchase ledger and generally updating the purchase ledger. • Posting bank receipts and payments, journals, prepayments and accruals etc. • Opening new client accounts, transferring WIP, adding jobs, updating client addresses etc. • Printing off bills as and when required. • Writing of cheques or making BACs payments as and when required.
For further details and a full job spec please send your CV to Smita Dwyer urgently
Our client is a busy independent hotel and they are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant in Birmingham within a small busy department for 30 hours per week.
The Property The Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of the countryside of Worcestershire and less than 20 minutes' drive to the heart of Birmingham City Centre with Cadbury World only a few minutes away.
This 56 bedroomed Hotel has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence and has a Brasserie, Bar and superb conference & banqueting facilities which are widely used by corporate and leisure clients.
Responsibilities As Accounts Assistant, the role will be shared within the department and will include;
Attributes and Skills Required For the role of Accounts Assistant you need the following:
* Must have Sage line 50 and Sage payroll experience * Experience of working in a similar role in a Finance Department. * Must be highly confident individual who is self-motivated * Able to work on own initiative but also a good team player. * Good computer skills
Salary As Accounts Assistant you will work 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday and there is a salary on offer of £25,000 pro rata depending on experience.
How to apply Please note that in accordance with Hot Recruitment Consultants recruitment and consultancy processes, if you are shortlisted your CV may be sent to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
Excellent Assistant Accountant required for a fantastic well known name in Birmingham city centre. You will get involved with month and year end accounts, tax work, control accounts alongside a range of other industry led accounting. The ideal Assistant Accountant will be either beginning or studying ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent). You will be bright and ambitious, hard working and have strong communication skills. You will be keen to progress within a large corporate environment. This Assistant Accountant will join a superb all round team who are brilliant in supporting new starters. You will join a fast paced and corporate environment which is designed to inspire employees to provide top class service across the business.Only applicants with a suitable amount of UK based experience and who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.
As an Assistant Accountant, reporting to the Client Accountant, the chosen candidate will take responsibility for reconciling complex real estate accounts, fixed asset accounting, reporting, reconciliations, post accrual and prepayment journals and creditor invoices, run credit and debtor reports, answer queries relating to calculations and payments. The ideal candidate will have: Recently worked in a similar role - essential Strong analytical skills - essential The ability to work to tight deadlines - essential Strong IT skills - essential AAT fully qualified - desired Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. A successful Birmingham based Property business currently seeking a talented Assistant Accountant to join the finance team. Salary £20,000 - £21,000 Your application will be reviewed by Page Personnel. Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised & regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview. Page Personnel is a leading UK recruitment consultancy
SF Group are currently recruiting an Assistant Accountant post for a prominent education sector client in the Warwickshire area. This post requires the successful candidate to undertake critical month end responsibilities as well as conducting extensive data analysis. This post will also contain elements of financial accounting and business partnering with essential non finance members of staff. As the ideal candidate you should be CCAB part qualified (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) and possess significant experience in roles that contain elements of both management and financial accounting. You must also have outstanding communication which will enable you to effectively liaise with a number of internal and external stakeholders. Our client is a progressive organisation positioned within the education sector. They offer a flexible working environment and easily commutable location. This is an excellent opportunity to develop further knowledge of the growing education sector and to successfully enhance all round accounting and financial knowledge.Only applicants with a suitable amount of UK based experience and who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.
The role will include supporting the financial accountant with all financial transactions and management information. Responsibilities will include: Processing journals, both sales and purchase ledger Preparation of payment runs Preparation of reconciliations Assist with the preparation of annual financial accounts including P11Ds and corporate tax returns Support management accounts including profit share calculation Coding invoices and other ad-hoc duties Essential skills for an Assistant Accountant include: Studying for a recognised qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) Exposure to Part Qualified Accounting Track record working with purchase and sales ledger Previous exposure to bank / balance sheet reconciliations Well versed in the preparations of payment runs Desirable skills include: Knowledge of VAT and corporate tax returns Processing of P11Ds Production of budgets Assisting development / implementation of financial processes The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE. Where speci A leading property management company are looking to hire a Part Qualified Assistant Accountant to join their Birmingham finance department. Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 Study support for ACA, ACCA or CIMA Your application will be reviewed by Page Personnel. Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised & regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview. Page Personnel is a leading UK recruitment consultancy
Greenwellgleeson are recruiting for the position of Assistant Accountant to work within a well established business based in Castle Bromwich. Reporting to management accountant you will enable the production of accurate, timely and relevant management information, ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements and internal policy’s. You will have a malleable yet methodical approach in problem solving, able to manage ever-changing workloads and priorities. Knowledge of a retail business is preferred but not essential. You will be IT/PC literate, particularly Microsoft Excel & Office. The successful Candidate will be AAT qualified or have attained a 2:1 in a relevant degree, and have started or wish to study ACCA / CIMA / ACA
The SF Group are currently recruiting an interim post for our Warwickshire based client. This role will see you directly support the FD through a period of huge change for the company. The entire end to end finance process is being re-engineered and there will be focus on improving; AP/AR, balance sheet integrity, Purchase Order number generation and financial/management accounts. You will act as a resource to launch numerous mini-projects to tackle issues, process improvement and support period end accounting. The successful candidate will have worked in busy environments and have experience of systems and process improvements. You will be willing to tackle any project on the direction of the FD and help non-finance personnel with any questions they may have. Although you will be involved with the monthly accounting process your role will require you to analyse set areas and help roll out improvement plans. Our client is currently looking to expand its remit and grow its market share. The finance function needs to realign to support these changes and this post is an exciting opportunity to be on the front line of fundamental changes in how the company operates. If you are seeking an interim contract outside of a standard accountant post we highly recommend that you apply for this post.Only applicants with a suitable amount of UK based experience and who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.
greenwellgleeson is recruiting on an exclusive basis for a permanent Accounts Receivable Assistant for a distribution business based at Coleshill. This is a great opportunity to join a business that provides long term career prospects. You will be experienced in all aspects of the AR function specifically working with high volume self billing companies and invoice reconciliation. You will be required to work within a very fast paced environment and be able to work to strict deadlines under pressure and continually deliver accurate results which will be measured by KPI’s. You must be self motivated, have a strong work ethic, enthusiasm for the role and a desire to succeed.
We are pleased to be offering a really commercial and broad role to work within a fantastic company based in Worcester.
If you have experience as an Assistant Accountant and would like to be involved with the operational side of finance then this is the ideal opportunity.
Responsibilities to be assisting with:
• Month End processes • Preparation of Accruals, prepayments, journals and the production of Management Account Packs • Analysis of spend within different cost areas • General Purchase ledger and accounts payable duties • Finance Audits and ad hoc work to support the team of management accountants • If you would like this fantastic opportunity and can demonstrate the following • Excellent customer focus • Exemplary Accounts administration skills • Excellent information management experience • Develop and maintenance of financial reporting systems • Excellent eye for data and computerised information • Possess AAT as a minimum or the relevant work based experience equivalent • Advanced Excel Abilities • Good working knowledge of Microsoft Packages • Excellent communication skills