Group Financial Controller
Competitive + benefits + bonus
Revolution Bars Group is a leading operator of premium bars, with a strong national presence and a trading portfolio of 62 bars operating under the market leading Revolution and Revolución de Cuba brands. Revolution Bars Group has been a Times Top 100 list employer for the last 9 years.
Having enjoyed a sustained period of expansion and profitable growth under private equity ownership, the business successfully listed on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange in March 2015. Maintaining its entrepreneurial culture, the business has a strong platform from which to deliver an ambitious growth agenda and enjoy an exciting period of further organic and acquisitive growth.
The position of Group Financial Controller is a key appointment, and the successful individual will play a critical part in the continued growth of the company.
Reporting directly to the CFO, core responsibilities will include:
- managing and developing a robust accounting function, with streamlined systems and controls, that is scalable and capable of supporting the business as it continues its rapid growth
- delivery of timely and accurate external and internal group reporting, ensuring the integrity of all financial information across the business as well as responsibility for all statutory duties and compliance
- partnering with the business to provide timely and insightful commercial support and analysis, management information and management reporting
- ensuring a robust control environment, including the alignment of systems and processes with those controls
- ongoing review of business KPI’s and external benchmarking and promoting their use across the business to drive performance
- supporting the CFO in investor relation coverage with the city on both current and future performance, including half year and full year presentations
- undertaking project work alongside management team, including supporting the CFO on any M&A activity
- managing the finance function day to day, including effective people development and succession planning
The successful candidate will be:
- ACA qualified
- a leader, with a successful track record in a commercial environment, ideally with prior experience reporting in a plc environment and IFRS experience
- experienced in a multi-site business, ideally from Retail, Leisure or a Consumer facing sector, although exceptional candidates from other sectors will be considered
- a strong relationship builder with excellent communication skills and the gravitas to engage with multiple senior stakeholders across the Group
- highly commercial with strong levels of intellect, capable of operating at both a detailed and strategic level
- robust, energetic and ambitious, someone who thrive and contribute in a work hard, play hard environment
This is an exclusive recruitment process and any applications made direct to Revolution Bars Group will be forwarded to Axon Moore to be assessed as part of the formal process.