Closing Date: 11/11/16
Position Type: Permanent
SPAR UK is looking to hire a management accountant into their team in Harrow. The role's purpose is to improve the visibility of the budgeting, forecasting and management information to drive business performance.
Details about the Client
SPAR UK has been an established brand for 50 years. They operate more than 2600 stores and revenues of £3 billion.
The role sits in a central office that serves five regional distribution companies that make up SPAR UK.
Detailed Job Description
The management accountant role will form part of an established finance team that reports into the CIO and will be responsible for developing the budgeting and planning function along with the delivery of robust management information.
- Developing the planning, budgeting and forecasting systems
- Preparing monthly reports to identify trends and produce financial forecasts
- Acting as a business partner to P&L owners to identify pursue opportunities to improve business performance
- Supervising and manage a team of a part qualified accountant and 2 data analysts
- Suggesting updates and improvements for the accounting and MI systems
- Reviewing all plans and budgets and identify cost savings
- Reporting to the CIO with timely and accurate information
- Assisting the CIO in presenting to senior stakeholders
The ideal candidate with have a relevant professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or equivalent. It would be an advantage to have strong business partnering experience with people of varying financial knowledge,
You should possess excellent and systems and analysis skills. An advanced knowledge of Excel would be a distinct advantage.
What's on offer?
The salary for the management accountant position is in keeping with the calibre of candidate we are looking for.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13766074Z