Head of Finance
Competitive salary & benefits based on experience
Occasionally in the market an opportunity comes along with a company that has a true team culture, from the boardroom to the shop floor, with everyone united in trying to make the business as good as it can be.
Sometimes an opportunity comes along with a company that has a long and stable history of successful family ownership with a sound financial base and an exciting future.
Very occasionally you see both - and that is this opportunity, and the company is Evans Vanodine.
Details about the Client
Evans Vanodine International plc are a Preston based, privately owned manufacturing company who are leaders in industrial hygiene and livestock protection.
Established in 1919 by William Charles Evans, the company has manufactured disinfectants and liquid soaps ever since with a pivotal moment in 1950 when the iodine disinfectant Vanodine was developed. After extensive research a further disinfectant, based on the Vanodine formulation was introduced which today, it is still considered to be the finest disinfectant of its type in the world.
The family ownership of the company has continued to this day and is key to the culture and stability of the business and why people truly enjoy working there.
This family ethic combined with modern working practises, investment in equally modern systems and continued R & D has kept Evans Vanodine at the forefront of the markets they operate in, with their products being exported to more than 70 countries worldwide.
Detailed Job Description
Due to the retirement of their existing finance head, Evans Vanodine are now looking to hire a credible, team oriented Head of Finance to be based at their Preston head office and work with the board on the continued development and improvement of the business and the Evans brand.
The Head of Finance is the ‘number one' finance role within the company reporting to the Board of Directors.
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Management and development of a small finance team consisting of Finance Assistant, Payroll Clerk and Purchase Ledger Supervisor. Development of strong and productive working relationships across the Company with regular face-to-face interactions to assist in delivering the Company's business objectives.
- Performance of regular reviews of ‘actual' performance against budget, providing the Board with analysis, commentary and advice on any changes to likely outturn for the year.
- Presentation of financial and management information at weekly management meetings and monthly board meetings.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Provision of detailed support in the completion of the annual financial statements.
- Responsibility for the outsourced payroll function.
- Cash flow management and foreign currency exposure.
- Financial systems development.
- Management of the Company personal pension scheme.
- Involvement with insurance and property matters.
- Involvement in commercial, contract and legal issues.
As the Head of Finance role at Evans Vanodine is so involved in the wider business this position is reserved for only those finance professionals that, as well as being able to deliver the core finance aspects needed for an SME manufacturing business, can also take a commercial and operational view on the numbers.
It is very likely you will have held a 'number 1' finance position previously and certainly have experience of advising a board of directors, making the potentially complex easily understandable and linked to specific business actions.
You will have a calm, credible and likeable personality that will allow you to build strong relationships across the business as you learn how it works from the highly experienced board and management team.
You will be a qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant with a background in SME businesses, ideally family owned and within a manufacturing or product based industry and be capable of bringing new ideas to an already forward thinking environment.
What's on offer
Competitive salary plus benefits based on experience
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13767510Z