Based in Thame, Oxfordshire, our client is a leader in its field and an international business with a reputation for delivering high quality services across the world. They are looking for an ACCA/CIMA part qualified Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis, working in a role that offers a good mix of financial and management accounts.
This job will support the continued global growth and expansion of the company and will provide daily support to the Financial Analyst, looking at analysis, P&L accounts and providing commentary where necessary. The role will also involve a lot of financial accounting, including assisting with year-end and some tax related work/ reconciliations for UK & overseas.
The successful individual will have proven academic achievements with a relevant degree in accounting/ Finance and/or relevant on the job experience. Previous hands on experience is essential as is a good work ethic. The candidate must be able to work independently with great attention to detail and be flexible and willing to work extended hours in line with busy periods where necessary.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of Excel and management/ analysis of data and financial information. You will also be expected to be fully conversant with technicalities of the preparation of a full set of financial statements in a multi-currency setup. The ability to independently prepare the monthly reporting packs of regional group companies is essential, as is knowledge of UK GAAP.
Duties will include:
- Partnering a division to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial numbers
- Preparing multi-currency consolidated financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and Notes) for regional group companies in Excel on monthly/yearly basis
- Co-ordination of divisional balance sheet reviews and ensure the integrity of the numbers
- Ensure and monitor compliance with internal controls
- Analysing and making necessary adjustments to group companies' Financial Statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Preparing, reconciling and analysing relevant schedules, supporting the Financial Statements for regional group companies
- Preparation of weekly results and KPI's
- Lead the month end process and complete accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure correct accounting for all prepayments and accruals
- Ensure Intercompany reconciliations are carried out & logged
- Preparing variance analysis for regional group companies
- Creating Excel templates to ensure consistency/standardisation in the reporting process
- Support divisions, ensuring all processes are followed
- Assisting in the forecasting, budgeting & planning process
- Assisting in the year-end UK GAAP/IFRS consolidation process and various change management related projects
- Assisting in managing business information related processes
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability