As a Commercial Accountant at Capita we seek a high calibre individuals to deliver sound commercial accounting. This is a high profile role within the team with unique challenges and opportunities.
Key accountabilities will include:
Supporting the Financial Controller in ensuring that Revenue and Direct Delivery Costs are correctly reported also to assist the Finance Director in supporting the sales and delivery teams attain their objectives through provision of accurate management information, support in costing and margin decisions and effective management of resources.
- The use of project costing to report and analyse course and client profitability, to enable decision making.
- Support the Financial Accountant with production of the monthly revenue and debtor related schedules
- To liaise with organisation to ascertain latest expected outturn for the year, and to ensure this is reflected in the full year forecast on Axiom.
- To ensure a full understanding of any variances to forecast.
- Lead monthly sales and gross margin meetings to be held with Sales and Delivery to include relevant kpi's (eg. Utilisation) and forecast
- Ensure standard costs books are maintained with current information
- Support commercial management with preparation of bid cost book and associated pricing
- Debtor management and financial control around billing and collections.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Qualified in CIMA or equivalent
Demonstrably Commercial Accounting experience, with familiarity of job costing and project accounting.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular of Excel.
Experience SAP accounting software
- Skills and Personal Qualities
- A proactive, enthusiastic, self starter, who will thrive when working with the Sales and Delivery teams.
- Shows attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic
This role is all about doing things differently. It's changing the game, And to make this happen our people need to be a little different too. Forget pen pushers and clock watchers. Our people are super sharp and switched on. Flexible, friendly and up for the challenge. So if you join us as Commercial Accountant get ready for something new. At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more we will design these to suit your own personal lifestyle.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.