An urgent requirement for a Management Accountant has arisen with an international retail business based in Manchester City Centre. This role will report directly into the MD and will assist the Management Accountant in the prep of monthly accounts. The chosen Management Accountant will be allowed to work under their own supervision and progress as far as they want to within a rapidly growing business.
You will be in charge of prepping the Management Accounts up to the trial balance, prepping the P&L, budgeting and forecasting, year end prep (liaising with auditors) and HMRC regulations/compliance as well as VAT returns. You will also be vital in the management of the ledger teams within the business.
The ideal Management Accountant will be expected to:
- Be confident in prepping the Management Accounts as stated above.
- Able to present to senior stakeholders and department managers including the MD
- Be confident enough to challenge managers and offer them an honest opinion drawn from the analysis of the accounts
- Manage a team of 3, driving KPI's, training and guiding staff, assisting with workload etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be qualified CIMA or ACCA (PQ will be considered)
- Have a strong background in excel (pivot tables, lookups, macros)
- Be confident meeting senior stakeholders and managers within other areas of the business
If this role is of interest then please do reply with your up to date CV and I will give you a call in due course to discuss your application.