Accountant - German Speaking
Investigo are currently in partnership with an instantly recognisable luxury retailer who operate globally. My client is looking for a German speaking Accountant to partner closely with the Retail team and the Global Finance functions. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join this prestigious organisation and work in fun, vibrant and exciting environment. Please note that knowledge of German GAAP is key for this role.
- Month end close processes and preparation of all supporting month end schedules
- Assist with preparation of all statutory reporting
- Liaise with auditors and tax accountants to ensure clean audit report and no issues with tax reporting
- Monthly analytical review of income statement and balance-sheet, including preparation of commentaries
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, ensuring that there are no aged items over 30 days on the bank rec's
- Analysis and documentation of Internal Accounting Controls and Procedures
- Quarterly completion of Sarbanes Oxley requirements and reporting
- Timely completion of quarterly checklist as required by Internal Audit and monitoring of local adherence
- Responsible for accurate and Timely submission of VAT and other regulatory returns.
- Reporting as required
- Accounting for Payroll as relevant.
To qualify for this position, you will need to be a qualified Accountant with strong attention to detail and good IFRS knowledge. Experience with multiple business cycles and related work experience in industry, preferably in the retail sector is advantageous but not essential.