Finance Director South Somerst Devon (£80,000 plus 20% Bonus, Pension Health + Bens)
My client's business is a fabulous success; they have gone from strength to strength, created a great community atmosphere, achieved recent significant, resulting in the need to recruit a Finance Director. This hospitality based leisure business has benefited from a recent interim solution and so some god disciplines are in place, so a framework has started to be put in place, and the canvass is on the frame! However, only sketches have been done and we are looking for the permanent artist to come and add the structure, colour and texture to the painting.
It is anticipated that the incumbent will support the managing director and the rest of the senior management team in helping form the strategy of the business. Essentially to be the glue that pulls everyone in the right/same direction. To put in a reporting framework that enables every member of the team to be singing from the same hymn sheet helping to create a harmonious whole. The purpose being to ensure the business has a congruent strategic tactical and operational plan and that the business's resources and applied in accordance with that budgeted plan. This role really offers the incumbent the opportunity to make a very significant difference!
- Manage/lead change throughout the Company where it is needed
- Financial control and reporting on a daily basis retail multi discipline income streams capitally intensive.
- Commercial analysis to assist with the delivery of recommendations/proposals that are in line with strategic aims, leading the Board in financial stewardship/capital investment strategies optimising the company's resources, advising on ROI rtc.
- Develop that the Company's financial systems integrating legacy systems
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the Company are met, including accounts, tax and regulatory requirements;
- Prepare all supporting working documents for audit, liaising with the Board and external advisors/auditors as required.
- Manage the business's cash flow and working capital position
- Lead the budgeting process and work that through into monthly review and reforecasting identifying variances and develop supporting action plans when required.
- Company Secretarial Support and fiduciary risk management.
- Attend Board and senior management team meetings as required.
- Liaise with, and build relationships, with the company's professional advisors: Lawyers, bankers, corporate advisors etc
- Act as the MD's right had person/advisor and potential mentor
- Support the business growth plans, take ownership of projects and develop KPIs.
Successful applicants will be:
A professionally qualified accountant
Strong communicator, able to influence with strong credibility and gravitas
A well organised planner
Very commercially focussed
Personable, non political and collegiate
Experienced in Retail, Leisure, FMCG, multi-site type environment.