A leading professional services business in the centre on Manchester are recruiting a first class Financial Controller to join their growing team. This is a really good development opportunity for an ambitious accountant who wants to develop their career towards an FD.
The Financial Controller role supports the CFO in ensuring that financial reporting and analysis is delivered in an accurate and timely manner. This includes delivery of monthly management and financial accounting results as well as all external reporting including Statutory Accounts, VAT and other required reporting. There will also be a significant amount of ad hoc analytical and project work.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing relationship with two outsourced administrators each with teams of accountants working on the business account
- Responsible for managing the quarterly accounting
- Preparing monthly management accounts and quarterly pack to the Board
- Supporting preparation of the statutory accounts
- Involvement in the quarterly valuation process in relation to the portfolio company investments
- Cost control and performance against annual Budgets
- Analytical support to the CFO
- Cash management and forecasting
- Responsible for ensuring that VAT and other tax returns are submitted accurately and on time
- Reviewing & improving business / accounting procedures
You will be a:
- Qualified accountant (ACA with top tier firm experience is prepared)
- High attention to detail and an ability to review work quickly and accurately
- Commercially focused in order to understand, support & respond to demands from other parts of the business around financial decision making
- Energetic and driven to succeed but as a team player
- Highly PC literate - particularly Excel
- Able to demonstrate influencing and persuasive skills; and of gaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to create and maintain a strong control environment with robust processes
If you feel you have the right background and experience for this fantastic Financial Controller role then contact me to discuss further.