Reporting to the Partners and supporting the Head of Audit, this role is a unique opportunity to join a truly progressive and leading Surrey based chartered accountancy firm with responsibility for a diverse and growing UK based and international client portfolio. This firms prides itself in offering a highly supportive and collaborative working environment providing the best level of support and training from day one as well as a sociable and inclusive team spirit. With a commitment to work/life balance, flexibility is key and the firm recognises the benefit of offering flexible working hours with part time options and flexible start times available to all.
Further responsibilities include:
- Developing client relationships and delivering work in accordance with the firm’s Client Service Standards; through attendance at meetings, regular communication and obtaining a thorough understanding of their business and their requirements.
- Managing the audit and accounts assignments including planning the work, scheduling staffing, monitoring actual time incurred on work against internal budgets and agreed fees, billing and keeping the client partner aware of status and issues.
- Liaising with the clients on all aspects of the audit or accounts and to be the main point of contact for any other inquires.
- Planning the audit work and implement that plan, identifying key audit risk issues, and leading the team so that the audit focuses on risk areas
- Oversee and review the preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Coaching and developing junior team members, and providing constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Supporting the Head of Audit in implementing the strategy for the department, which may include initiatives involving marketing, audit specialisms, social media, efficiency reviews.
The ideal candidate for this role must have:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA
- Good Excel Skills
- Able to work as a team
- Strong technical skills and experience of UK GAAP/ FRS 102 reporting
- Experience of Paperless Audit Software
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle