Finance Business Partner
An exceptional opportunity has arisen to work at a market leading company based in Hertfordshire who require an interim commercially focused Finance Business partner, on a 12 month fixed term basis, to support their growth strategy and significant capital projects. The role will support the Finance Director and Transformation Director with financial input, enabling business case development and decision making.
Working closely with the project team the Finance Business Partner will be an integral part of assessing the investment case and developing commercial assumptions, while also monitoring project financial performance against approved budgets.
The role will have significant exposure to senior executives within the organisation and requires you to have the experience to present at this level.
Principal accountabilities and responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner:
- Financial support to the transformation project to enable business cases to move from initial concept to investment decision status
- Key interaction with operational business project representatives to create long-term assumptions linked with the delivery of improved infrastructure and increased capacity
- Own the inputs, changes and outputs to project forecast model
- Establish assumption tracking and project return impact
- Prepare business case presentations for project team, steering committee and board level
- Create, analyse and provide recommendations on scenarios which inform project direction
- Work with project commercial team to ensure clear link between revenue strategy and business case assumptions
- Prepare weekly / monthly cash burn and provide Group teams with actual/forecast cash flow position
- Ensure sound financial governance is adhered to at all times
- Accounting qualification (preferably ACA) with minimum 5 years PQE
- Essential - project investment appraisal including NPV, IRR, ROI, ROCE
- Strong excel ability - intermediate to advanced
- Experience and knowledge of creating P&L, BS and CFS models
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Previous experience of creating presentation materials for use at board level discussions
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and commercial awareness
- Knowledge and understanding of management and financial accounting processes and systems
- Previous FP&A or Business Partnering experience would be advantageous
- Proven ability to present a compelling argument through written, numerical and oral presentations
- Ability and flexibility to plan, organise and prioritise workloads to achieve pre-determined deadlines
- Ability to challenge constructively at all levels
- Strong IT system orientation including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills and experience of financial modelling
The company offers a fast paced and competitive culture with unrivalled succession planning opportunities, and this role is being recruited due to growth in the business. You will have the opportunity to progress further within the role or alternatively in to the wider business.