International Tax Manager
The job holder will have responsibility for certain overseas subsidiaries' tax affairs and will also be responsible for managing specific projects throughout the year.
- Identify and implement strategies to reduce tax cost and cash tax, across all taxes
- Maintain understanding of local tax legislation in countries of responsibility
- Review subsidiary company tax positions
- Understand new business proposals
- Meet with local tax advisors and finance teams to ensure that effective local tax rate is managed
- Make and implement proposals for tax savings or exposures management
- Ensure business unit finance directors and staff understand their tax positions and keep group tax informed.
- Support local management in tax audits where required
- Review tax returns and understand their relation to the accounts
- Ensure local management make appropriate filings and payments
- Undertake tax risk assessments to ensure risks are identified and effectively managed
- Provide support to produce group tax results and explain overall group tax charge
- Assist in budget and forecast tax reviews
- Acquisition structuring
- Contract review
- Ad hoc projects
We are looking for Chartered Accountants who are degree educated and ideally CTA qualified. You will have a minimum of 3 years PQE gained in a top tier firm, with exposure to international tax and tax treaties and ideally international structuring. You'll understand the implications of leveraged financing and acquisition planning.
You'll have understanding of all aspects of UK tax and, ideally, a sound knowledge of VAT. We're looking for someone with an understanding and interpretation of business accounts, a high degree of numeracy with strong report writing skills.