Interim Management Accountant
Our client is a well-established retailer operating nationally and currently undergoing a large period of change. Due to a combination of factors including a recent acquisitions and a systems upgrade, they are seeking an interim Management Accountant to join them, initially for the next six months.
The role itself will be extremely hands and requires a candidate who is comfortable with this environment. At the same time as this however require an experienced candidate who can support junior members of the team and supervise their work. You will also ideally be able to support and advise on the ongoing systems implementation and ensure it meets best practice for the business requirements. Knowledge of either Cognos or Coda would be considered desirable.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet for review by the Financial Controller
- Monthly preparation and review of cash-flow, revenue and profit forecasts
- Overhead analysis
- Segmental analysis of business unit and product performance
- Cost analysis on products and production centres business-wide
- Monthly review and analysis of operational expenditure
- Ad-hoc projects as required by the Financial Controller
The successful candidate will be a fully-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and have demonstrable experience in a management accounting role at a blue-chip company.
This role requires an individual experienced and confident in dealing with non-financial stakeholders as well as possessing the necessary gravitas to present to senior management. Good communication skills are key as well as the ability to deliver in a high-pressure environment.