Audit Manager - Uxbridge - Permanent
This ambitious Top 50 Accountancy firm has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Audit Manager with a clear drive to continue their career development within a similarly driven practice.
The Audit Manager will manage a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for all services provided to these clients, including business advisory work as well as compliance services.
Internally, the role will contribute to the day to day running of the office, providing team and assignment management as well as training and mentorship to staff.
As a senior representative of the firm, the manager will also help prepare and present new business pitches for the firm.
- Managing audit assignments.
- Review of audit planning including agreeing budgets and timetables with client.
- Allocating work, briefing and controlling the team, and ensuring compliance with timetables.
- Corporate tax work to include tax planning for both corporate clients and their directors.
- Review of corporation tax computations and returns.
- Responsibility for the financial aspect of managing a portfolio, including raising fees, and control of recoveries.
- Arrange, plan and run client account finalisation meetings.
- Training, appraisal and recruitment staff.
- Maintaining and developing excellent client relationships.
- Involvement in ad hoc assignments such as company valuations, due diligence work.
Skills and experience required:
- ACA or ACCA qualified, with 3 years post qualification experience.
- Strong Audit experience in a multi-partner practice with at least 40% audit.
- Technically strong with a good knowledge of auditing and accounting standards and developments.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships with clients.
- Aptitude for teamwork and problem solving.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- An ambition for long term career development and a desire to train and undertake new experiences.
- Excellent report and letter writing skills.
- Competent user of Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ideally a driver with own car.
This role will suit an ambitious, high achieving individual, with proven management skills in Audit, looking for a platform for further development. You will have excellent communication, relationship building, influencing, negotiation and team working / building skills, and a resolute ambition to build a successful career in practice.
This organisation provides the opportunity for personal and team growth and development through to partner level and in return you will receive a salary between £50k-£65k.