Senior Finance Analyst
Principle Responsibilities include:
- Critically analyse business performance through the use of various business intelligence tools. Bring out exception reports for discussion. Challenges shortfalls, identify contingencies and work with business partners to drive the achievement of financial targets
- Working closely with your business partners, generate an appropriate financial forecast on a periodic basis to support delivery of business sector targets, with emphasis on value-adding initiatives and process optimisation
- Analyse the financial projection generated by the system through the exception reporting and ensure that each exception is well discussed with the business and actions are implemented both in terms of improving future forecast accuracy and specifically in driving performance improvement initiatives.
- Provide analytical rigour, guidance and support for business initiatives e.g. pricing proposals, growth initiatives, cost / efficiency initiatives, tenders and Capex proposals for the business.
- Responsible for Investment appraisal analysis and commercialisation reporting in support of the above
- Primary owner of site, product and customer profitability analysis. Work closely with Business Intelligence team to ensure that appropriate profitability reports are available for business to review the exceptions and trends to support understanding of business performance and agree respective corrective actions. Continuously track corrective actions
- Drive the annual and strategic planning processes for the business including asset requirement.
- Critically evaluate all customer and site related capex requirements for the business and provide reporting updates to support the delivery of capex targets
- As part of transformation process, proactively drives the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Meet global & ad-hoc business information requirements as appropriate
Behaviors required include:
- Commercial acumen and business understanding
* Result orientation
* Influencing and change management
* Effective Communication & cross-functional collaboration
* Team player
* Strategic Thinking
Key skills (functional/technical) required include:
- Degree and a strong, proven accounting background (CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified) with first time passed preferred
* Previous experience in a commercial, business facing role is preferable
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both financial and less-financial audiences of all levels of a multi-national organisation
* Advanced modelling, analytical and numerical reasoning skills with an ability to interpret complex plant and contract performance
* Superior time management skills
* Good knowledge of SAP R3/Business Warehouse & IBM TM1 System is also desirable
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.