Senior Practice Accountant
Our client, An established modern technology focused accounting and software practice with offices in the North and South of England and circa 20-30 employees are currently looking for a Practice Accounant in the Wirral office - someone who understands the Contractor market!!!!
They have been established for circa 10 years and already have over 3000 clients. They are very up to date with technology and work with Xero Accounting amongst other cloud based systems and as one of the first to use the cloud, they have even developed their own cloud accounting software too.
If you are looking for a role in Audit - then this is NOT the practice for you!!!!!
As an experienced Practice Accountant with previous experience and or knowledge of working the Contractor market, but looking for more exposure and variety, then this coluld be the perfect role for you.
Your clients will comprise of sole traders, owner managed limited companies and partnerships in the main and will be small businesses with 1-3 employees although there are others that are larger.
You will be working with a large variety of sectors from restaurants to shop owners and retailers and much much more.
If you are looking to bring your experience into a like minded business that can offer you a pathway to a brighter future then please continue to read on.
The practice has grown more than 50% year on year since inception. This is set to continue, meaning solid career prospects/ progression for you.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Completion of accounts and tax returns for mainly limited companies, but sole traders and partnerships too
- A minimal amount of bookkeeping
- VAT returns
- Managing a set portfolio of clients from a wide variety of industries
- Client meetings and correspondence
- No payroll, sales or admin work is required as this is handled by other departments within the company
What our client is looking for in YOU!!!!
- They are looking for candidates who are good at managing their own work load and must ensure high quality work is produced at all times.
- You should also be reliable, a good decision maker, productive and highly organised with a common sense approach to your work.
- A good level of competency with technology is especially important, as the role will involve the use of the majority of accounting software products on the market.
As well as you basic salary and excellent bonus scheme, other benefits will include:
- An additional days holiday for each year with the company
- Latest smart phone provided
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Relaxed atmosphere and casul dress code
- Flexibility on start and finish times
- Access to over 180 benefits through Perkbox including gym membership, high street discounts and much more
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.