Corporate Tax Manager
Robert Half Taxation are hiring for a Corporate Tax Manager with a leading international media company based in Peterborough. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Reporting into the Head of Tax, the Corporate Tax Manager will fulfil a varied corporate tax role focusing on the UK and international tax affairs of the group. The work is a healthy mix of advisory, project work, compliance and reporting.
The role is biased towards UK corporate tax issues but also includes international tax work such as Worldwide Debt Cap and Transfer Pricing.
There is supervisory responsibility for a Tax Analyst and on occasion you will be also asked to deputize for the Head of Tax.
· Lead the preparation of the UK Corporation Tax Returns for group companies, meeting all compliance filing and payment deadlines.
· Prepare quarterly tax outlook, quarterly and annual reporting figures, and tax figures for inclusion in long-term cash flow forecasts. Liaise with external auditors as required.
· Pro-actively liaise with the US tax team to identify and explain UK tax issues and the impact on the group's world-wide tax position (e.g. WWDC, interest deductibility).
· Lead preparation of tax disclosures for UK financial statements (including consolidated tax numbers, where required).
· Assist with HMRC enquiries, working with external advisors to manage the HMRC relationship and resolution of open enquiries.
· Provide assistance and support with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
· Periodic review of compliance and reporting processes and controls, with a view to continuous improvement. Assist with SAO sign-off process.
· Support the Head of Tax with project work and business integrations.
· Support the Head of Tax with policy matters and interact as necessary with other corporate functions.
· Maintain and develop UK transfer pricing documentation.
· Oversee development of the Tax Analyst and offer wider support to the team.
The company is looking to hire a Corporate Tax Manager with experience of working at a mid-to-large size practice, or someone who has experience working in the in-house tax team of a large corporate business.
Strong knowledge in UK corporate tax issues is required. Possessing a recognized tax or accounting qualification is advantageous, but not strictly necessary (CTA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS).
The successful candidate will be strong in tax accounting, will have high technical ability and will have a commercial mindset that allows them to advise the business effectively.
The client is a leading international media company who are instantly recognizable in the UK.
Salary & Benefits
Salary on offer is in the region of £60,000 to £70,000 with car allowance, bonus and benefits package on top.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.