To support the Head of Finance in the production of key statutory accounting reports for all subsidiary/business units for the Group
Leading College in Manchester is expanding and looking for an ambitious financial accountant to join the team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Modelling of subsidiary/business unit balance sheets and cashflows to deliver an overall Group wide acceptable current ratio and financial health grade including the group cashflow.
- To review and comment upon subsidiary/business unit cash positions on a monthly basis, provide comments/advice to maximise future cash balances and prepare forward looking 2 year rolling cash flows.
- Prepare all data and updates for the monthly accounting packs
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarising, and interpreting data.
- Prepare management accounts packs for loan covenant reporting to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly compliance to facility agreements, as well as ensuring interest payments are made on time.
- Prepare payment schedules for each payment in respect of interest on loans and ensure payment is made in accordance with terms to ensure there is no covenant breach
- Prepare monthly financial grading reports for review by the Group Finance Director
- Production of weekly liquidity reports
- Produce, as required, any ad-hoc reports required by the Head of Finance and Group Finance Director.
- To liaise with external stakeholders e.g. auditors and banks.
- Production of tax returns for Group and its subsidiary companies
- Collation of all income and costs data to identify tax liability (using the finance systems)
- Ensure all data is uploaded submitted through the IXBRL software and reconciled before submission to HMRC
- Production and submission of quarterly and annual VAT returns
- Advise on VAT treatment for new codes and new activity
- Produce monthly reports from the finance system for checking VAT treatment and correct classification prior to purchase ledger close
- Prepare monthly journals (eg to correct any VAT errors and accrue for any recovery/cost)
- Evaluation of capital goods schemes and prepare associated annual journals
- Liaise with external VAT advisors on complex issues
- Proven practical experience of VAT and Tax computations and returns
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Significant financial reporting experience in a similar size organisation.
- Understanding of Financial Reporting Standards and their application and capable of demonstrating up to date technical financial reporting knowledge.
- Experience of managing a team.
Job Specific Skills:
- Experience of owning and producing statutory financial statements
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft office (word/excel)
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, to use own initiative and also to work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously by planning, prioritising and scheduling tasks to accommodate ad hoc requests alongside routine daily activities.
- Strong management and communication skills both within finance as well as across internal and external stakeholders
- Good knowledge of accounting practices, statutory regulations and reporting requirements including the ability to provide technical support and advice to management
- Ability to foster a culture of teamwork and able to work with colleagues across the organisation
- Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential information
£36,000-£45,000 with a generous benefits package