At Wavepower, our vision is to develop technology that harnesses the power of the sea’s waves to produce electricity. When we’ve done so, we’ll sell the energy generated, creating a sustainable and clean way of powering communities.
To make our vision a reality, we’ve pulled together a world-class team of specialists in a purpose-built office and testing facility near Glastonbury, Somerset, and now we are recruiting for a Financial Controller to join our high performing team on an interim basis:
Your Financial Controller role:
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance function, and be accountable for the accounting operations of Wavepower and the other financial interests of our key investors. This Financial Controller will be a fixed term contract to start ASAP, and end in spring 2018. The Financial Controller role is varied and some of your responsibilities will be:
• Cashflow forecasting, weekly reconciliation and maintenance of bank accounts.
• Reporting monthly results and providing commentary and insights on business performance.
• To take responsibility for the integrity of internal and statutory reports (including VAT returns)
• To work with the business directors and managers to establish appropriate financial controls and review and adapt existing controls as necessary.
• To provide ad hoc financial analysis and reporting to directors and managers.
• Support the commercial team with financial analysis.
• Prepare the monthly payroll.
• Preparation and submission of R&D tax credit claims.
• Working with external accounting partners.
• Management responsibility for an Accounts Assistant, assisting in their professional development and providing mentorship.
Interested? Here’s some things you might like to know:
• We are a fast paced dynamic company, and we thrive on continuous improvement - we hope you will too.
• The stakes are high and the expectation is even higher. We need people who share our vision to change the world, and are inspired by our mission.
• You’ll need to be prepared to work outside the normal 8.30 – 5.30 when the need arises.
What we offer
• A competitive salary, with the opportunity to earn bonuses
• Support and encouragement in your professional development
• As much responsibility as you can handle
• A stimulating and state-of-the-art working environment, engaging with some of the UK’s most exciting entrepreneurs
• Lunch provided every day.If you would like more information on the Financial Controller and to apply,
If you would like more information on the Financial Controller and to apply, click on the APPLY button below.