Our client is an established retailer in the Merseyside area. They are looking for a Financial Controller to assist in managing their growing team. This person will report into the company's MD, and will sit with the FD in the accounts department.
- Generating ideas of how to implement newer and effective strategies
- Liaising with other departments throughout the business to ensure smooth workflow and making key financial decisions
- Preparation of financial statements
- Analysing financial performance
- Ad hoc project management
- Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance
- Explaining financial data to non-financial managers
- Demonstrating awareness of risk management and compliance
- Assist with the audit preparation
- Year end income and expenditure forecasts
- Oversight of the transactional finance team
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent)
- Experience within the retail sector
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to make quick, informed decisions
- Hands on approach
- Qualified in practice or equivalent
- Ability to communicate across all levels
This role is best suited to candidates who have previously worked in a practice environment and have audited for retailers. Experience within the retail sector is essential.
Candidates without the essential critiera will not be reviewed for this position.
If you believe your skillset meets the criteria, please apply with a copy of your CV.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership's new website is now live! Featuring a bold new look and streamlined navigation, you'll also enjoy a more personalised experience. Visit us now.