This Leeds based Financial Services business is currently looking for a qualified accountant to join their Technical team focussing on our IFRS9 developments and the ensuing impairment provisions work.
Great working environment with a "smart working" approach. Excellent progression opportunities and a top class management team.
- 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays
* Bonus scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension Scheme
* Health Cash Plan
* Subsidised staff investment and mortgage products
You will be responsible for:
Initially you will be the finance representative on the IFRS9 project responsible for providing accounting guidance to the project and testing outputs for the new impairment model. Once the model has been developed, you will be primarily responsible for the running the impairment process. You will need to ensure that the processes and numbers are robust, controlled, accurate, reconciled and understood.
You will be liaising with different areas of the business and at all levels. You will need to deliver analysis, documentation and presentational material to senior management and executive committees, alongside providing training, evaluation and insight to a multitude of stakeholders.
If you are organised, focussed, flexible, enthusiastic and looking to join a fast moving business, you might be the ideal candidate for this role.
You will be able to demonstrate:
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* Rigorous, methodical and well organised, ensuring that activities are correctly prioritised and that all interested parties are aware of responsibilities, deadlines and progress.
* Intellectually strong and capable of digesting and interpreting financial information.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, such as report writing skills.
* Experience of working in a in a multi-disciplined, deadline-driven, Finance function.
* Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
* Strong Excel skills with the ability to undertake analysis of large amounts of data.
* Database skills (preferably SAS) are desired but not essential
* Ability to identify and address key risks/implications associated with any activities or changes.
* Financial Services experience, ideally including bank / building society provisioning and impairment models.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.