Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant
Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Management Accountant to ensure all general ledger accounts are correctly accounted and reported in a timely and accurate manner and ensure that all client statements are correctly prepared per the contracts and payments made in a timely manner.
Our client is the market leading and most recognised provider of services in their sector in the UK. They operate from over 500 locations and have a client portfolio that includes institutional investors, corporate and private, as well as local authorities and NHS trusts. With an annual turnover of over £¼ billion they serve more than 60 million customers a year.
Their sector has seen huge, exciting changes in the last decade and will continue to see innovations that transform their business as well as their customer journey. As technologies available to our client evolve, it offers greater opportunities to create a service proposition of today, tomorrow and the future.
Senior Management Accountant – Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall people management of all colleagues who report into this role.
- The person that fills this role must provide clear vision and direction to direct reports at all times.
- Steps must be taken to develop the team through coaching and regular feedback, inspiring them to reach their full potential.
- Actively manage the team depending on priorities and workloads
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with key stakeholders, including other finance colleagues and key members of the property team so as to ensure a thorough sharing of information, leading to accurate monthly accounting entries and assessment of risk and opportunities.
- Responsible for month end processes including, but not limited to:
- Strict adherence to the period end reporting cut-offs and reporting timetable;
- Reviewing (and preparing if required) and submitting accurate journals ensuring costs are allocated across the business
- Ensuring all month end property cost variances against budget are fully explained and challenged
- Responding to all queries promptly and professionally and ensuring corrective action is taken
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed, reviewed and signed off on a regular basis and all appropriate actions are being taken to clear reconciling items promptly.
- Communicating effectively any discrepancies highlighted through the reconciliation process to relevant parties and ensuring that these are followed through to conclusion
- Highlighting any potential risks & opportunities to management
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of contracts such as Manchester, Bolton, Reading, Rail and Airports.
- Invoicing clients, accurately and in a timely manner, for expenses and management fees to ensure efficient and quick payment by clients for this income
- Ensuring that statements strictly follow terms of contracts and are in line with the accounts and income is maximised and reviewing prior to submission to clients
- Approving invoices, within approval limits, for payment
- Implementing process improvements to ensure improved accuracy of resulting costs but in an efficient manner
- Working with senior finance team to drive through improvements and system changes
- Support the Leadership population in taking a data based approach to decision making
- Providing timely and accurate information to the business and key stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining close working relationship with all new and existing clients and resolving areas of concern in accordance with Company values.
- Overseeing the audit process for each equity and managed site that requires an audit and preparing documentation where required
- Liaising with auditors during the audit concerning any required adjustments and investigate any irregularities so that statements are exactly in line with each contract
- Responding to client queries relating to any audit adjustments made
- Preparing audit working papers for each equity and managed site that requires an audit
Senior Management Accountant – The Candidate
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA;
- Strong academic background.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a senior management accountant or similar role
- Good Data Manipulation / interrogation skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to take a high level approach as well as obsession with detail;
- Good IT skills (Excel – preferable at Advanced level, and Oracle);
- Good working knowledge of OLAP tools, such as TM1;
- Good knowledge and understanding of accounting standards / processes
- Oracle preferable, though not essential;
- Analytical / good problem solving skills
- Multi site experience essential;
- Previous line management experience
- Demonstrable skills in tight financial control.
- Strong leadership skill, able to motivate and get the best out of their team
- Appetite for success and ambition to grow and move up.
- Effective team player who is able to work successfully with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and deliver to agreed deadlines;
- The drive to pursue innovative ideas and willingness to learn;
- Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of work;
- Service driven and professional;
- Highly motivated, able to work independently and in a team;
- Enthusiastic approach to change.