Head Of Commercial Finance
HEAD OF COMMERCIAL FINANCE
Robert Half Executive Search are currently working in exclusive partnership with CPM for the appointment of a new Head of Commercial Finance, at their head office in Thame.
CPM is the UK's number one field marketing agency and has been developing and delivering innovative and targeted contact strategies for some of the world's most successful blue-chip companies for over 80 years.
They have grown with their clients over the years to become a renowned global business providing internationally coordinated sales solutions. CPM are part of Omnicom, the world's largest marketing and communications group. This unrivalled experience, knowledge, expertise and passion means they are able to deliver tailored campaigns with specific objectives locally and globally - which they do every day.
CPM's mission is to grow their clients' businesses by using insight & data to create Influence and drive sales. They believe that in order to provide effective world-leading sales solutions and services they need to not only think a little deeper but to also work with clients to stretch their ideas and strategies to become more effective. This sharing of knowledge and sharing of people has been at the heart of their long lasting client relationships.
THE ROLE: Head of Commercial Finance
- Managing the production and co-ordination of timely and accurate financial reporting including budgeting, forecasting and management information reports.
- Supporting the senior management team to allow them to make informed commercial decisions on a timely basis.
- Contributing to strategic decision making, working closely with the senior management team and liaising with appropriate external or group bodies.
- Recommending procedural changes and improvements that enhance financial control or improve accounting processes to minimise financial risks.
- Management of 4 direct reports including following established talent processes such as regular 121 meetings, annual performance appraisals and objective setting and monitoring.
- Evaluating the recently implemented PeopleSoft E.R.P. and finding ways to drive efficiencies and imbed best-practice ways of working through the UK business.
- Tracking new business via salesforce.
- Managing certain aspects of the Balance Sheet including accrued and deferred revenue, prepayments and accruals.
- Overseeing new business costings.
- Manage EBIT by client reporting including maintaining and developing cost allocation methodologies.
- Input into the quarterly KPMG variance analysis.
- Support the annual audit process.
- Risks and Opportunities tracking.
- Ad-hoc projects including responding to Omnicom queries.
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience as a member of ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Significant accounting and management experience, including previous experience in a leadership position.
- IT literate, with the ability to manipulate/use systems to analyse and present data.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to positively influence peers, subordinates and managers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrable negotiation and presentation skills.
- Able to work autonomously but also able to work in teams in a changing and demanding environment
- Highly motivated to achieve goals, using own initiative and a 'can do' attitude to ensure objectives are delivered within the frameworks, policies and procedures of our Business.
The position offers a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.