A leading London Council are looking to recruit a Finance Manager to join a busy team on a contract basis.
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Finance in financial planning, forward planning, as well as contribute to the formulation and implementation of financial strategy to major projects within the Council and partner organisations.
The key duties of this role include:
- Contribute to medium term financial strategy
- Lead and provide financial support on departmental projects, undertaking financial modelling, tender appraisals and accounting reviews
- Ensure that month end processes are completed accurately
- Provide professional accounting advice to councilors
- Budgeting, monitoring, forecasting and closing of accounts
The successful candidate will have previous experience within a similar facing role, ideally within Local Government; demonstrate evidence of developing medium term financial strategy as well as being available to start immediately.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills, please apply as soon as possible.