Our client is a well-known PE backed and rapidly expanding global ecommerce company focused on emerging markets (primarily Africa). They have invested heavily in their systems and infrastructure, and now have the foundations in place to become a truly global brand. The next critical piece of is to bring in the key people who will work with them to make this happen.
As the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), you will be a part of the Executive Team leading the finance function and reporting directly to the CEO. This position requires a leader; someone who can take lead of the finance team, provide direction and achieve results. You will work closely with the CEO to drive the business forward and help create a strategy for significant growth. You will drive and improve systems, processes and create an efficient department in the company.
· Business partnering with the Executive Team, CEO and Board on all commercial and operational issues.
· Supervise and develop a small financial team in charge of managing and consolidating financial records and performance from across multiple entities across several countries.
· Production of accurate Management Accounts and Board packs with full variance analysis and forecasting.
· Create and implement KPI dashboard, understanding how to improve and manage it.
· Income analysis / cut off and margin improvement.
· Produce accurate budgets for each of the companies in the group.
· Cash flow forecasting to ensure the business has the means and resources to deliver the Board’s business plan.
· Developing and maintaining relationships with banking and other financial entities.
· Manage various company risks including foreign exchange exposure and reporting variances
· Ensure effective systems and internal controls in place to support all financial activities.
· Look at ad hoc projects including potential acquisition/funding plans.
· Advise the Board on strategic/growth plans within the business and be proactive in driving plans forward to achieve goals.
· Support the company in negotiations.
· Must be qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
· Online retail experience is preferred, but not required
· Must have a real can-do hands-on attitude.
· Experience managing the finance function in a start-up environment
· Experience coming into a company establishing procedures and processes from scratch
· Must demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills.
· The ability to influence non-financial managers in cost and cash management.
· The ability to constructively challenge assumptions and growth plans.