Group Financial Controller
My client a market-leading, award-winning PR agency are rapidly growing and looking to hire a Group Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Group Financial Controller will be an experienced accountant (6-10 years PQE) responsible for Financial Control & Reporting, Group Taxation, Accounting Policy and Accounts Payable functions. This role will suit a smart and friendly can-do individual who can lead and develop the finance organisation in a rapidly developing international PR Agency.
- Lead and develop the following teams within Group Finance
- Financial Control and Reporting
- Group Taxation
- Accounting Policy
- Accounts Payable
- Develop and in-depth understanding of the business and act as an advisor to the business and other parts of the global Finance team on controls, reporting and finance policy.
- Drive continuous improvement activities, play a part in leading Finance Transformation and other Finance change projects as and when required.
- Ensure the Group has an appropriate legal entity corporate structure to house existing businesses and support growth plans for the future whilst also ensuring tax and capital efficiency within the Group.
- Act as major point of coordination for global external audit team ensuring a well-planned and effectively delivered external audit cycle each year.
- Play a role in the wider development of the Finance organisation working with the Heads of Business Analysis, Treasury and Finance Change/Transformation.
- Financial Control and Reporting:
- Oversee the financial control environment for the Group, enhancing controls and processes as necessary to support growth in the business and sustainable processes.
- Lead monthly financial close and reporting cycle, ensuring timely and efficient process
- Produce annual Financial Statement reporting for all group entities - in UK, USA, Asia, Australia and the consolidated results in line with local reporting requirements and UK GAAP/IFRS.
- Act as a key contact point for auditors and manage the relationship with auditors and other third parties.
- Lead and coordinate remedial actions on control process as recommended and required
Skills and experience required:
- Professionally qualified Chartered Accountant ACA
- Extensive technical reporting experience in industry, with a strong working knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS.
- A commercial mind-set with a genuine interest and real desire to work for a PR agency