Our client is a leading fashion retailer based in Central London, with a group turnover of over £200 million. The group sales continue to perform above market comparisons through acquisitions and by continuing investment in the brand.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Director, this newly created opportunity and has been created to support the Group’s continued growth globally by providing key stakeholders with detailed financial analysis and information, including market trends and potential growth markets with supporting business cases to aid investment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the timely and accurate provision of monthly analysis with meaningful insight, highlighting areas for improvements and efficiencies for the Group.
- Managing the forecasting and budgeting model globally, supporting the strategic planning process.
- Responsible for setting detailed budgets for the departments across the Group.
- Involved with building and maintaining the Group forecasting and analytics model.
- Building strong relationships with key group stakeholders including the Head of Departments across the Group, the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Creating robust financial models to support the operational teams with their decisions, including performance monitoring.
- Liaising with external suppliers to influence spending across the Group.
- Working closely with the M&A project team to support them with the analysis they require.
- Ensuring that key presentations for annual budgets and annual plans are effective at conveying the opportunities for the business.
- Owning financial planning including the annual budget and business planning processes, the monthly rolling forecast and formal quarterly forecasts to Group.
The successful candidate must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with strong commercial acumen and experience of working within retail or FMCG. The ability to deliver under pressure, influence and communicate clearly with stakeholders is key as well as manipulating excel models to provide strong analysis to aid the decision making process.
We will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. For an informal discussion please feel free to contact Jane Knight.