We are searching for an experienced, vibrant, Payroll Lead who will become a key member of the Finance Team. Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the Payroll Lead is responsible for delivery of all payroll related functions for our clients 250+ employees.
Our client is a pioneering pharmaceutical business, who has recently moved to new offices, and gone through team changes, filling the company with a high performing team.
The Payroll Lead will assist in the efficient and effective control of payroll administrative procedures and will be a key contributor to ensuring all legal and compliance requirements are delivered in an accurate and timely manner through best practices.
The Payroll Lead will manage the Group’s monthly payroll process and support and work collaboratively with HR and 3rd party supplier in relation to payroll administration.
• Responsible for processing the monthly payroll from start to finish including starter and leaver information, overtime payments, pensions, allowances, deductions (SSP, SMP, SPP, and AOE), bonuses, pay increases, absence (including unpaid sick leave), holiday, and manual calculations regarding NI, PSA and Tax deductions.
• In conjunction with HR, assist with the management and administration of Company Benefits which include but are not limited to pensions, childcare vouchers scheme, season ticket loan scheme.
• Provide payroll support to new staff, and completing paperwork for staff who are leaving, including all HMRC related paperwork.
• Ensure accurate reporting to all relevant external bodies/agencies, e.g. to HMRC for RTI, etc.
Key Skills & Experiences
Proactively manage and deal with staff payroll queries in a timely and professional manner.
• Key contact with epay (third party online payslips provider) including user admin responsibilities, resetting passwords, managing the leaver process and dealing with staff epay specific queries. Produce a monthly data file, manipulating data accurately using Microsoft Excel pivot tables and vlook up functions and submit to external payroll provider (Paycheck) in the required format.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of standing, historic and transactional payroll and employee data in the finance system, Deltek.
• Accountability for payroll reporting, ensuring that reports are produced and delivered accurately and within agreed timescales, including departmental authorisation of overtime payments.
• Provide regular updates and reports to Human Resources (HR)
• Reconcile and monitor payroll costs through the use of payroll control accounts.
• Post monthly payroll journals to nominal and project ledgers as part of the financial month end close process.
• Liaison with external auditors for all payroll related processes.
• Take responsibility for ensuring relevant data is maintained for ongoing P11D dispensation.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant HMRC and internal reporting processes.
Please apply asap if you feel you are suited to this role. Interviews will be held as soon as possible.