The SF Group is currently searching for a Financial Controller to join a sub £10m turnover business located in Central Derby. This business is going thorough a period of change and is looking to hire a Qualified Accountant, with a number of years experience to join them on a permanent basis
The role will suit an operational FC who doesn't want to be just a number in a large organisation but get involved with all aspects of accounts in a growing business. You will be working closely with the FD on the strategic direction business, as well as looking after the operational elements of finance.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Produce monthly budgets and communicate these to relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for production of statutory accounts
- Identify and Implement practices that improve efficiency
- Manage the finance team including accountability for their training and development.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that forecasting is understood across the business and provide support when needed
- Provide commercial input when required in key business decisions
Skills and experience:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified
- Proven experience in a Financial Controller Role
- Management experience
- Strong financial awareness
- Ability to successfully manipulate data and provide accurate and timely reporting
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Excellent forecasting and budgeting skills
A salary of up to £50,000 is on offer to the right candidate as well as a long term career in an organisation with historically low turnover. If you feel that is the right position for you then please apply now.