Interim Head of Finance
Our client is a leading not for profit organisation who are looking for a interim Finance Director for a 18 month contract to lead the organisation through a period of significant change. Taking up the role of Head of Finance you will lead and assist the management team in the formulation and implementation of the finance and business strategy for the organisation, ensuring it is effectively aligned with the vision and objectives of the wider organisation, and have overall accountability for the development and delivery of finance & business services.
- Responsible for leading change on re-designing finances for the organisation
- Reviewing and re-designing budgetary control and scoping out plans for re-designing processes for finance and procurement across the organisation
- Lead the financial management and financial strategy, providing executive recommendations on the financial implications of the organisation's strategic plans, being an effective organisational leader and a key member of senior management.
- Take the lead and support where needed on the implementation of initiatives that contribute towards the organisation achieving its strategic goals, specifically in relation to finance
- Provide leadership in regular management meetings with the management team and the finance team to review financial activities and emerging matters.
- Oversee financial management, liaising with the management team, treasury and finance department to ensure an appropriate budgetary rigour and investment appraisal framework is used in the financial management of the organisation's funds
- Oversee the financial affairs, ensuring they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practices
- Exhibit awareness of development opportunities for the overall Finance department
- Balance the responsibilities of stewardship of the organisation's assets and investments
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 10 years' PQE
- Excellent technical foundation in accounting
- Experience of leading finance teams
- Experience of financial planning and budgetary control, contract and cost control
- Financial analysis and management reporting, capital expenditure and the development of effective financial controls to improve business efficiency
- Sound knowledge of VAT special method (partial exemption) and ability to develop the scheme on nation basis
- Self-motivated and capable of developing the current role over time
- Ability to operate at a high strategic level, bringing professionalism and financial rigour to the organisation
To be considered you must be have significant experience of change management and process improvement gained within a not for profit organisation, ideally in the charities sector or membership organisations.