Finance Director - Manufacturing
c.£75,000 + Car + Pension + Bonus + Healthcare
- Rapidly Growing Injection Moulding and manufacturing business based in Kent looking for new Finance Director
- Key leadership position responsible for delivering success.
- Experience of Epicor, or the implementation and development of ERP manufacturing systems particularly advantageous.
Details about the Client
Boddingtons Plastics, based in Marden, Kent, are a leading injection moulding device and component manufacturing business with circa 70 years of experience. They provide high-quality, cost-effective injection moulding and contract manufacturing services for the medical and technical sectors. They are experts in steering concepts and products through the development and industrialisation process, minimising financial risk and reducing the time to market.
Since 2009, the company has diversified its customer base and sector specialism, and this has resulted in a fantastic increase in turnover from c£5m in 2009, to c£16m this year. Thanks to a significant investment in a new state of the art facility, new machinery and key staff, the company is confident that this growth will move towards and beyond the £30m mark in the coming years.
Boddingtons Plastics Ltd were acquired by Rubicon Partners in 2000, and now form part of a suite of complimentary businesses. Rubicon Partners is a hands-on investment partnership focused on the acquisition of industrial businesses in Europe and North America. The hallmark of their approach is certainty of execution and a long-term investment strategy.
Detailed Job Description
The Finance Director position reports to the Managing Director and forms a key part of the Senior Leadership Team, whilst heading up a small finance function.
Key duties will include:
- Financial Ownership of the Annual Strategic Planning and Budgeting process
- Reviewing and Controlling weekly cash flow performance
- Preparation of the monthly financial accounts, including presentation to MD and Rubicon Partners as required
- Reviewing and improving the financial control environment throughout the company
- Contributing to strategy and policy setting of the business
- Ensuring that the company complies with financial reporting deadlines and standards.
- Active involvement in special projects from a strategic and financial perspective - This could include acquisitions, significant CAPEX, change management etc
- Work closely with the MD on international assignments / projects providing financial support as required.
- Take responsibility for foreign exchange and hedging practices ensuring risk is managed and exposure minimised
- Oversee and develop IT systems to ensure all management information is standardised and timely information can be generated
- Managing on-going relationships with auditors, advisors, banks and the rest of the financial community.
This is a broad and engaging role within a successful manufacturing business.
The ideal candidate for this Finance Director position will be a fully qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACCA), commercially minded finance leader with experience of a similar role within a manufacturing environment. Specific experience of injection moulding would be advantageous, but is not a pre-requisite.
As the finance team is very lean, you should have a high level of technical competence in financial accounting and systems: Experience of the development of an ERP system is key, with specific exposure to Epicor being particularly beneficial.
You must be independently minded with the ability to challenge the status-quo across the business, ensuring that decisions are based on sound logic and financial prudence, providing a constructive counterbalance to strategic ideas.
You will demonstrate a high degree of personal gravitas and will be able to influence change within an open and honest management team which is dynamic and challenging, spanning a number of complex business issues.
You must be able to get easily to Marden in Kent on a daily basis.
What's on offer
Basic salary of circa £75,000 + attractive benefits package including
- Company car / car allowance
- Performance Related Bonus
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days annual leave
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13787611Z