Sellick Partnership is currently seeking a Qualified Financial Accountant on an 18 month contract to join an ever evolving businesses based in the North West. The organisation that we're representing has recently been through a finance reorganisation and is seeking a technically strong financial accountant to bolster its already well established technical reporting team. The business is in an incredibly strong financial position and is going through a growth phase so needs additional help across the finance function. With multiple entities across the globe the business requires an all round financial accountant who can report directly into the FC and assist with the reporting processes.
Once in role the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial reporting processes for part of the group and taking a lead on all of the following areas.
Key responsibilities include;
- Working alongside the Financial controller to lead on all monthly, quarterly and year end statutory reporting across a specific business entity
- Management of all trial balances ensuring all accounts are allocated and controlled
- Planning and implementing a year end reporting timetable
- Completion of complex reconciliations
- Co-Ordinate year end processes and liaise with external auditors
- Take a lead on preparing all audit files
- Preparation of month end journals
- Assist with all technical reporting issues
- Take a lead on all balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaise with reporting team and business partners across the organisation regarding information requirements
- Monitoring of internal controls and SOX implementation projects
The successful applicant must be CCAB qualified accountant and have extensive experience of working on an interim basis within a financial reporting team. The candidate will have good working knowledge of IFRS and will be able to demonstrate extensive experience of statutory reporting. Previous experience of implementing a year end close down process and the completion of year end accounts is critical. The candidate will ideally have experience of working in a highly regulated environment and will have a can do attitude. Good communication skills are essential as the candidate will be liaising with multiple stakeholders.