Finance Manager - Head Office
Associated British Foods is a FTSE 100 international food, ingredients and retail group with 130,000 employees across 50 countries and sales of £13 billion. Its success has been achieved through a combination of growth in existing businesses, acquisition of complementary new businesses and delivery of high levels of operating efficiency.
The business is now looking to recruit a high potential Finance Manager to work in the central London corporate head office. You will report to the Group Finance Manager and be responsible for:
- Managing the head office accounting for the group, with responsibility for leadership and development of a team of six, including payroll and purchase ledger, meeting a range of stretching deadlines;
- Treasury back office activities with extensive involvement in tax and treasury projects, monitoring of foreign exchange exposures and oversight of complex financial instrument accounting;
- Preparing and reviewing budgets and forecasts for all head office cost centres and group financing costs, and analysing and reporting actual performance against them;
- Preparing period reporting packs, year end financial reporting packs and statutory accounts for the listed parent company, intermediate holding companies and other property companies;
- Working with key stakeholders across the business including the financial reporting team, treasury, tax, and other function heads, providing them with timely, relevant and value-adding information as required; and
- Liaising with the group’s auditors, other advisers and relevant external bodies as appropriate.
The successful candidate will be a qualified chartered accountant with first rate professional experience, probably including significant external audit experience. They will have strong accounting and analytical skills, an eye for detail, strong commercial awareness, and the emotional intelligence to manage and lead a diverse team meeting the needs of demanding stakeholders.
Most importantly, the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, be proactive and have the credibility, gravitas and judgement to interact effectively at the highest level of a FTSE 100 corporate head office, and the desire to succeed in a forward-thinking, multinational organisation.
The successful candidate will be eligible to participate in the group’s “Finance Development Programme” which provides accelerated career development across the group’s finance function. With its exposure to the group’s senior finance executives and regular interaction with the operating businesses, this role provides an excellent springboard for progression for those candidates whose style is both challenging and diplomatic and who have the credibility to work at the highest levels across the organisation.
Cedar has been exclusively retained by ABF to recruit for this role and any 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to Chris Hatcher, Associate Partner. Please click apply and send your CV and current remuneration details quoting reference 1701-42.
N.B. Cedar accepts CV uploads in 3 formats; MS Word, HTML and Simple Text. Please convert any PDF files to one of these formats before uploading. Thank you