Finance Manager - Transportation
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average finance position. We are currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking Finance Manager to join its transportation finance team in London.
The Finance Manager (FM) will work with business partners from supply chain and transportation and fulfilment centre to optimize the total transportation cost. He/She will work closely with the business teams to drive insight through analysis and data leading to implementation of actions to improve processes, customer experience and lower cost for the benefit of our customers. Finance Manager will be responsible for financial reporting, forecasting, controls and analysis of UK Transportation cost. He/She will work with cross-functional team and establishes best in class processes, controls and reporting. Through insightful analysis FM will have the opportunity to lead cost improvement initiatives. The role is broad in scope and will require an individual who is motivated to make an impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
- Full ownership of end to end planning/reporting of multi billion dollar budget.
- Using data and applying analytical methods to evaluate and direct the appropriate use of the company resources delivering the most value per USD invested for our customers
- Ensure that financial controls and processes are in place and respected trough continuous audit, reporting and systems implementation
- Lead continuous cost improvements, and track savings. Present, defend and gain support for these initiatives from senior management.
- Establish and maintain operating and business metrics, develop next generation or metric and dashboard and improve accuracy and pace of the decision based on metric
- Invent and simplify UK Transportation metrics and key performance indicators
- Enhance and scale existing tools, develop agile processes, design and implement new solutions
- Integrate data improvements and increased visibility into financial reporting and planning processes
- Develop reporting and analysis to drive improvement of controllership and predictability of behavior leading to implementation of actions
- Improve forecast accuracy
- 10+ years’ experience within a highly analytical role within a fast-paced metrics driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models
- Perform complex analysis and simplify its communication
- Solution driven approach to systems and processes
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, SQL/other Database)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field
- Fluent in English
- Experience in a major Logistics/Transportation company.
- Advanced SQL knowledge.