£35,000-£40,000 DOE + Benefits
Formed in 1888 by its twelve founder members, the EFL (English Football League) is the world's original league football competition and is the template for leagues the world over. With 72 member Clubs, it is also the largest single body of professional Clubs in European football and is responsible for administering and regulating the Sky Bet EFL, Carabao Cup and Checkatrade Trophy, as well as reserve and youth football.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the EFL Digital financial accounts and the management and monitoring of all digital financial activity, including financial analysis as and when required by the Finance Director. The Finance Manager will also assist with the review of all club financial reporting in line with the EFL regulations.
The Finance Manager will be required to have experience of working within a financial management role, experience of producing and reviewing statutory financial statements and a proven record of communicating complex issues and models in a concise manner to all relevant stakeholders. The candidate must also maintain and develop skills relevant for this position and the finance department.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- Experience of working within a financial management role including the review and/or production of monthly management accounts and VAT returns.
- Experience of producing and /or reviewing statutory financial statements.
- A proven record of communicating complex issues and models in a clear-cut, concise manner to all relevant stakeholders.
- Proven analytical and modelling skills, and must be both commercially astute and a confident communicator.
- Proven ability to review and challenge assumptions within detailed financial forecasts.
- Strong competence in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience of financial management within a digital media and/or sports environment.
- Experience of dealing with European VAT – MOSS returns and EC Sales list.
- Knowledge of football finance.
- Generous Company Pension Scheme. EFL Trust will contribute 10% of monthly salary.
- Opt-in private healthcare.
- 23 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), rising to 25 days after 5 years. Holiday year commences 1st January.
For a full job description, please see supporting documents attached to this advert.
Interview date w/c 5th June