Commercial Finance Analyst
£50,000-60,000 per annum + benefits
Purpose of the Role
Wowcher is looking to hire a fantastic Commercial Finance Analyst to join its finance team. The role offers experience of working in the fast-paced online sector and in a private-equity backed environment.
The role will have responsibilities that include the development, improvement and ongoing preparation of weekly flash trading reports, analysis for presentation to the weekly trading meeting, monthly Board reports and any investment papers for presentation to the Board of Directors.
The role will be involved in all the Group’s budgeting, financial planning, setting of monthly targets for the sales team and short term cash flow forecasting.
The candidate will need to develop a strong working relationship with non-finance staff. A significant part of the role will be business partnering to drive improved business decisions.
The role will also be involved in commercial finance projects relating matters including external financing and M&A.
The role reports to the Commercial Finance Manager but will additionally involve regular liaison with the CFO and with senior management outside of Finance.
The role will be based at our head office (Highbury & Islington) but will involve regular liaison with the finance operations team (Derby).
The candidate should be adaptable and willing to complete an encompassing role that will evolve as the team and company does.
- Development, improvement and preparation of weekly flash trading reports.
- Preparation of analysis for presentation at Weekly Trading Meeting.
- Preparation of the monthly Board Report.
- Preparation of presentations, investment papers, etc for the Board of Directors.
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and monthly sales targets.
- Modelling the financial impact of business decisions and investments.
- Analysis of staff costs and indirect cost base to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Short term cash flow forecasting.
- Ad hoc financial analysis for the CFO.
- Ad hoc reporting requests for our private equity shareholders.
- Commercial finance business partnering.
- Commercial finance project work relating to matters such as M&A, raising external finance, etc.
- Qualified ACA with PQE.
- Experience of commercial financial analysis, ideally through involvement in due diligence / Transaction Services.
- Experience of building and/or reviewing financial models, ideally in an M&A context.
- Outstanding written communication skills and experience of preparing concise presentations suitable shareholders, banks or the Board of Directors.
- Ability to work autonomously, without close supervision.
- Strong intellect, able to interact effectively with fast-thinkers in the wider management team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Pace and flexibility.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Commercial acumen to identify and understand key operational and strategic issues.
- Understanding of ecommerce is desirable but not essential.