At Johnson Matthey, our vision is to build our 3rd century through value adding sustainable technologies. We have two ways in which we will achieve this; one is by investing in our people to ensure we have the best talent in the market. The other is by investing in our products to allow us to differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join our Finance Team within our Clean Air Sector. In this role, you will provide accounting support to the Metal Controller and Site Controller. Ensuring all financial reporting deadlines and associated requirements covering the general ledger sector of the Clean Air Royston Finance Team are met. Working in a fast-paced environment; this is a chance to be a member of the core team that helps enhance value for our customers and Johnson Matthey.
- Supporting the metal accounting team with reconciliations and the daily coverage process.
- Preparation of the monthly financial reporting packs, i.e. Flash, MOR, FA Packs, etc and play an integral part in yearly Budget preparation, analysis and reporting.
- Preparation and submission of National Statistics Returns
- Coordination of the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations process to ensure that all reconciliations are completed.
- Continuing review of current processes and implementation of new improvements
Are you the ideal candidate?
- You will be a part-qualified accountant (eg. ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Previous work experience within a similar role is essential, with extensive evidence of monthly reporting processes.
- Highly computer literate with a particular focus on Microsoft Excel software. Knowledge and experience of SAP and / or JD Edwards One World would be advantageous.
- Analytically minded with the ability to identify process weaknesses and implement process improvements.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- Experience gained within a commercial / manufacturing environment would be desirable.