Salary: £60K - £75K
A world leading SME manufacturer, experiencing significant organic growth with ambitious future plans, is looking for a tenacious commercially astute, Financial Controller. You will possess a strong manufacturing background, hands on, roll sleeves up with a can-do attitude who understands the detail and involved in key decisions at the heart of a developing business.
Reporting to the MD, you will be process driven in all manufacturing operations, influencing strategic finance decisions; that will add significant value to the business.
Adding financial clarity, you will deliver detailed, precise, clear/simplified management information to senior management team and board members; that will improve business performance.
With many exciting challenges ahead, including driving output from the recently implemented MS NAV ERP system, you will strengthen the Finance function, supporting and motivating a team of two.
You will be ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified or of similar calibre/profession, with a strong manufacturing background, demonstrating a hands-on/can-do approach with the ability to make things happen.
With five year’s plus exposure within a Financial Controller position in manufacturing, you will fully participate in management of the business where the people are passionate, friendly and possess a great sense of humour. If you are successful, with a proven track record and make things happen, you will be well rewarded.
Key responsibilities include:
- Active member of the management team (comprising of sales and marketing, engineering, production and finance)
- Managing all financial related matters
- Provide support to the Production Manager and the production team regarding the performance of the factory on a shift by shift, week by week basis to drive through improvements and cost savings
- Overview and driving output of the MS Dynamics NAV implementation
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of annual budgets and periodic reforecasts as required
- Preparation of ad hoc forecasts (profit and cash) utilising latest sales and production data
- Management of $ and € hedging policy
- Liaison with the Company’s bankers, insurers and shareholders
- Liaison with auditors and control of the annual audit
Expertise in the following areas is desirable:
- FX control and hedging of foreign currency transactions
- Exporting and international trade documentation
- Research & development projects, KTP’s and tax credits
- Sub-contract manufacturing
- MS NAV Software
Benefits package includes:
25 days holiday plus public holidays rising to 30, Pension, BUPA/PHI private healthcare, 37.5 hours week (½ hour lunch, early finish on Friday).