Accounts Payable Specialist
£25,000 - £35,000 DOE
BookingBug is the industry’s most advanced, powerful and versatile appointment and event booking platform, powering the real-time management of appointments for thousands of enterprise clients – and we’re growing impressively fast. We couldn’t have got to where we are now without our team of amazing employees and a culture that celebrates hiring and engaging great people.
It’s an exciting time to join BookingBug. We’re scaling up our teams, and looking for an Accounts Payable Book-Keeper to join our growing UK team. You’ll be working closely with our Finance Manager to ensure the smooth running of all Accounts Payable aspects. This is a hands-on position and will require the ability to multi-task on a number of different role elements. You will be accountable for owning all Accounts Payable tasks, queries and invoices, whilst liaising with our suppliers and team members during your day to day tasks.
What your week might look like…
- Managing the day-to-day running of all the purchase ledger, ensuring all supplier invoices have been entered and reconciled at the end of each month via Xero
- Processing employee expenses
- Completing Daily Bank Reconciliations ready for month end sign-off
- Ensuring payments to suppliers are set up in a timely manner for approval by the Finance Manager and/or CFO
- Managing purchase accruals and pre-payment schedules, including the posting of journals
- Leading on-going process improvement initiatives and streamlining the Accounts Payable function
- Managing and maintaining supplier relationships to ensure smooth supply of goods
- Streamlining / Maintaining all AP filing online and paper for yearly audits by PWC
- Confident AP reporting to Finance Manage and/or Finance Director
- Assisting in the monthly management accounts function with entering and reconciling all payments in cooperation with AR to align/ investigate discrepancies
- Completing Intercompany statement reconciliations at month end
- HMRC reporting each quarter
- Carrying out ad-hoc requests as requested by Finance Manager and/ or CFO
What we’re looking for:
You are an organised & talented Accounts Payable professional who is looking to flourish in a dynamic and diverse team. Being hands-on, you’re happy to take on responsibility and multitask whilst having a keen eye for detail and logic. You enjoy being a team player and being personable with your colleagues.
You must have:
- An in-depth experience and understanding of Xero, journal postings, balance sheet, P&L, and bank reconciliations are a must
- Excellent EXCEL skills are essential
- An understanding of AR, Salesforce, SaaSOptics and other office suites are desirable
- A University Degree, CIMA / AAT
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has the stability and commercial success of a big business, but the heart & soul of a start-up.
Our teams are working on truly interesting challenges, so we need someone who is motivated by problem solving & seeing the wider impacts of their work. If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you!
We’re based in Farringdon in a dynamic, fun office, and have international offices in Boston and Sydney as well.
We offer a great range of benefits and ample opportunities to develop your skills – including a Learning Library, regular Lunch & Learn sessions and team knowledge-sharing sessions.