Founded over 25 years ago, Broker Network has grown to become the Uks largest network of independent insurance brokers. With member needs firmly at the heart of everything they do, they are passionate about helping community based brokers retain their independence whilst enabling them to benefit from their range of unparalleled services, exclusive products and knowledgeable in -house experts.
Following a period of acquisitive growth the business is looking for an experienced management accountant with previous working knowledge from the insurance industry to join the finance team. As management accountant you are responsible for setting up and undertaking all the financial reporting and control processes for an acquired Insurance Broker within the Group.
As management accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts to include Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, cash flow and supporting commentary.
- Preparation of KPI analysis for the Directors and senior management team which supports and complements the information contained within the Management Accounts.
- Responsible for analysis of income streams, focusing on understanding and validating the income and explaining variances.
- Responsible for the analysis of expenses, focusing on understanding and explaining variances.
- Ensure sound processes and controls are in place and maintain balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of the annual budget and monthly reforecasts to include profit and loss accounts and cash flow.
- Preparation of legal and regulatory financial returns for HMRC and FCA.
- Preparation of year-end audit files and liaison with external Accountants.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial reports as required by the Directors and senior management.
- Supporting the CFO as and when required
You will be a qualified accountant CIMA/ACA/ACCA with both a strong background in management accounts and previous working experience in the insurance sector. You will be self motivated , dynamic and confident to liaise directly with stakeholders, Directors and senior management.
If you are interested in finding out more information about the opportunity then please call me ASAP on the details attached.
- £50,000 per annum + Bonus
- 26 Days Holida
- Medical Scheme
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you.