Our Client are a prestigious and global alternative investment management company. The company are currently seeking to take on a Fund Accountant to join their Real Estate Fund Administration Team. This Fund Accountant will be primarily responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting or a number of assigned funds.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Overseeing the maintenance and control of primary accounting records for multiple client entities.
- Overseeing and reviewing of timely and accurate Net Asset Values, yields, distributions and other fund accounting output for subsequent review by a Manager and the client.
- Overseeing and reviewing the preparation of monthly/quarterly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts - promptly researching and correcting any variances.
- Overseeing and reviewing the preparation of interim and annual statutory accounts in line with appropriate accounting standards.
- Liaising with Auditors, and Business Partners.
- Overseeing and reviewing VAT reporting.
- Overseeing and reviewing tax reporting, preparing tax packs for third party review.
- Reviewing payments prepared by subordinates and demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Ensuring adequate procedures are in place and are followed, implementing improved procedures where necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
- Identifying exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to management, and assisting in their resolution.
- Producing other project work and ad-hoc tasks as required.
THE PERSON: To apply, you MUST be a QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT (ACCA / CIMA) with technical knowledge of real estate Funds and financial services legislation and regulations. Additionally, the successful Fund Accountant will have a strong academic background and solid work experience within funds, real estate and accountancy. A working knowledge and experience of property accounting systems including Yardi /QUBE/MRI would be desirable. Additionally, the successful Fund Accountant incoming will be highly analytical with a high level of attention to detail and desirable experience in supervision or line management. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an internationally-renowned alternative investments company within an exciting and expanding team.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.