Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner role working with a charity - £47k - £50k
Your new company:
A charity that is focussed on tackling major societal challenges, driving economic growth and innovation. They have an income of approximately £7m with a mixture of government grants and commercial activities.
Your new role:
The Commercial and Finance Business Partner sits within the corporate services team, which includes the finance team. Working closely with non-finance staff the role is a key interface between the Business Units and finance. The role is central to this organisation's business development and programme management functions. This organisation is at an exciting point in their journey. In recent years, they have established a portfolio of new paid for services. The income from these services has supplemented reductions in government funding. The goal is to continue to scale these services to ensure the long-term sustainability. This role is key in managing the finances of these services and the existing grant from government, as well as helping to develop new income streams and services to consolidate the long term financial position. The Commercial and Finance Business Partner will focus on ensuring that the organisation has a high quality management accounting and business partnering process. The role will also line manage the Management Accountant. Together they will produce monthly reporting which uses financial information to draw out insights and support informed decision making.
What you'll need to succeed:
- A qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- At least 3 years' hands on experience of management accounting and business partnering, including working with financial systems, and the production of monthly management accounts and an annual budget
- A confident and outgoing personality with the ability to explain financial issues clearly
- A strong business partner to non-finance staff on many initiatives including managing budgets on large programmes, pricing proposals and the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Extensive experience of providing financial analysis with clear management information to support business decisions
- Commercial experience including helping a business to diversify its income streams, performing financial reviews of supplier tenders, and reviews of customer/supplier contracts
- The ability to work accurately with both an eye for detail, and to understand the big picture
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Self motivated and proactive
What you need to do now:
Please apply ASAP to be considered! The client may choose candidates to interview before the closing date.