This Financial Controller role is ideally suited for a ACA Qualified Accountant with a strong technical back ground. The Financial Controller vacancy is a senior role that will appeal to a hard working self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude and excellent communication skills who embraces change.
A typical week as a Financial Controller for us would include:
- Management of External Audit process, and building relationship with Canadian Group Internal audit team, and external audit partner
- Responsibility for completion of Statutory Financial Statements for the UK Region in a complex multi-entity reporting environment
- Control of UK balance sheet, ensuring accounts are properly reconciled and reviewed, and driving continual improvement of balance sheets controls and processes
- Implementing and embedding a robust balance sheet control and reporting process.
- Responsibility for reporting of International branch statutory financial accounts and monthly management information, implementing best practice accounting processes to facilitate timely, accurate and cost effective reporting
- Ensuring compliance for overseas branch tax and reporting requirements with over 30 international branches
- Management of small team responsible for production of statutory accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and controls, inter-company accounting and International financial reporting
The ideal candidate for the Financial Controller role will have:
- Qualification in Accountancy - ACA
- Large audit firm experience
- Experience of operating within a large finance department (preferably a PLC)
- Staff management experience, with ability to motivate a team and work well in a team environment
- International accounting experience
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook, ideally with some experience of ERP systems (Unit 4, Business World)
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,000 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 36,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.