Senior Management Accountant
The Consultancy Group are looking to recruit a Senior Management Accountant on a 12 month fixed term contract, this role is based in Stratford working for FTSE listed retailer.
This role is critical to the production of timely, accurate and insightful Management Accounting and Reporting for the Retail Division. Key to being successful in the role will be the ability to implement a strict cost control to ensure a clean internal and external audit.
- Ensure that the Management Accounts are delivered to reporting deadlines and are of a high quality with all key variances to comparatives analysed and communicated
- Key role in the production of a monthly finance pack to be distributed to all key senior stakeholders
- Take full ownership of selected Shop, Cost of Sales, Central and CAPEX cost areas
- Have a clear end to end understanding of cost drivers and KPI's and take ownership of all relevant cost lines
- Ensure that all necessary accounting adjustments are posted each month and the divisions risk & opportunities and latest forecast is understood and closely monitored
- Ensure that relevant Balance Sheet reconciliations are properly controlled and reviewed to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly
- Ensure group reporting requirements are completed within required deadlines and to a high standard
- Take full ownership in the preparation of deliverables for the annual audit and be a key contact for the internal and external auditors during the audit process
- Ownership and management of the fixed asset register including CAPEX polices, WIP accounts and depreciation calculations
- Working with group finance on ERP systems to make continuous improvements and ensure best practise is driven across the business
- Manage and develop direct reports